Derek R. Fletcher, MD
3550 Terrace Street
Scaife Hall, Suite 668
Derek Fletcher graduated with honors from the University of Washington School of Medicine where he was awarded the Warren G. Magnuson Scholarship for the investigation of effects of antimicrobial peptides on a murine model. Dr. Fletcher began his training in plastic surgery at the University of Pittsburgh in 2007.
- Best Resident Presentation, Musgrave Lectureship, 2011
- University of Pittsburgh Resident Teaching Award, 2009-2010
- Quigley MA, Fletcher DR, Zhang W, Nguyen VT. Development of a reliable model of total abdominal wall transplantation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013 Oct;132(4):988-94.
- Fletcher DR, Cooney DS, Bonawitz SC. Successful replantation of an amputated midfacial segment: technical details and lessons learned. Ann Plast Surg. 2013 Jun;70(6):663-5.
- Schneeberger S, Gorantla V, Brandacher G, Zeevi A, Demetris A, Lunz J, Metes D, Donnenberg A, Shores J, Dimartini A, Kiss J, Imbriglia J, Azari K, Goitz R, Manders E, Nguyen V, Wachtman G, Keith J, Fletcher D, Macedo C, Losee J, Shapiro R, Starzl T, Lee WP. Upper Extremity Transplantation using a Cell-Based Protocol to Minimize Immunosuppression. Ann Surg. 2013 Feb;257(2):345-51. 2013 Feb;257(2):345-51.
- Sullivan S, Fletcher D, Isik F. Breast Reconstruction Following Mastectomy: Optimizing Outcomes in Breast Reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008 Jul;122(1):19-28.