Edward H. Davidson, MD
Integrated Resident- R6
3550 Terrace Street
Edward H. Davidson received his Medical Degree from the University of Cambridge and Imperial College London. Upon completing his General Medicine and Surgery internships in the UK, he served as a research fellow at The New York University Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery under the mentorship of Stephen M. Warren, MD and Joseph G. McCarthy, MD. Begining July 1, 2010 Dr. Davidson accepted a position with the University of Pittsburgh, Department of Plastic Surgery where he is currently working.
Dr. Davidson’s awards and honors include:
- The Wound Healing Society 2010 Biotechnology Foundation Travel Award.
- The American Society of Craniofacial Surgery 2010 Komedyplast Craniofacial Research Grant Award.
- The Clinical and Translational Science Award from the NIH.
- The Plastic Surgery Education Foundation Pilot Research Grant 2009 and 2010.
- The Young Investigator Prize Award from the Wound Healing Society 2009.
- The Plastic Surgery Education Foundation Clinical Research Essay Contest First Prize 2007.
- The GalaxoSmithKline Young Investigator Prize from the British Pharmacological Society 2006.
He is a member of the American College of Surgeons and The American Society of Plastic Surgery and is a reviewer for the journal Annals of Plastic Surgery with clinical and research interests including craniofacial surgery and trauma, distraction osteogenesis, bone tissue engineering and composite tissue allotransplantation.
Dr. Davidson has over 40 published scientific articles and abstracts and over fifty scientific research presentations at regional, national and international meetings. He is a current editing author of the internationally best selling Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, Eighth Edition and is also a contributing author to the recently published Current Reconstructive Surgery.