Evan B. Katzel, MD
Integrated Resident- R5
3550 Terrace Street
Scaife Hall, Suite 668
Dr. Katzel completed his undergraduate studies in political science with a focus in Middle Eastern studies at New York University before matriculating into the premedical post-baccalaureate program at Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. He subsequently returned to his hometown of Rochester, New York to study medicine at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. During medical school, Dr. Katzel served as a research fellow in the Center for Musculoskeletal Research under the mentorship of Drs. Howard Langstein, Hani Awad, and Regis O’Keefe where he studied adhesion formation in tendon healing and capsular contracture development following implant based breast reconstruction. Upon graduation, Dr. Katzel enrolled into the integrated plastic surgery residency program at the University of Pittsburgh where he currently works.
- New York University, Founder’s Day Award
- University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Office of Medical Education research grant winner 2006
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) research grant winner 2007
- American Foundation for Surgery of the Hand (AFSH) Basic Science research grant Co-investigator 2007-2009
- AOA Carolyn L. Kuckein Research Fellow 2008
- University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Office of Medical Education research grant winner 2008-2009
- Plastic Surgery Education Foundation (PSEF) Pilot Research Grant co-investigator 2009-2010
Dr. Katzel has over 15 basic science and clinical peer-reviewed manuscripts. He has presented at over 25 local, national, and international conferences.