I. Nick Vial, MD
Integrated Resident- R5
3550 Terrace Street
Scaife Hall, Suite 6B
Dr. Vial received his Bachelor of Arts from New York University and his Doctor of Medicine degree from the Stanford School of Medicine. During medical school, he dedicated three years to the basic sciences working with Dr. Geoffrey Gurtner. Nick is currently a plastic surgery resident at Pitt in the integrated program.
- Peter J. Gingrass, MD Award (Plastic Surgery Research Council 2009)
- Hagey Family Research Fellow (Stanford University 2008-2009)
- Excellence in Adipose Stem Cell Research (International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science 2007)
- Stanford Medical Scholars Research Fellowship (Stanford University 2006-2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa (New York University 2004)
- Founders' Day Award (New York University 2004)
- New York University College of Arts & Sciences Merit Scholarship (New York University 2002-2004)
- Dr. Charles Barbieri Research Scholar (New York University 2002)
- Dean’s Circle University Scholar (New York University 2001-2002)
- University Athletic Association All Academic Honors (New York University 2000-2004)
Dr Vial has 10 basic science peer-reviewed published manuscripts; he has over 35 basic science abstracts. Dr. Vial also holds one US Patent for Profiling of Cell Populations (United States Patent Number 8,586,305).