Russell E. Kling, MD
Integrated Resident- R2
3550 Terrace Street
Scaife Hall, Suite 6B
Russell E. Kling graduated summa cum laude from the State University of New York at Albany in 2007 and earned his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine in 2014. As a medical student, Russell completed a two-year research fellowship at the Adipose Stem Cell Center at UPMC under the mentorship of J. Peter Rubin, MD. Russell continues to pursue his research endeavors in body contouring surgery, hand surgery, and plastic surgery education. He began his training in July 2014.
- 2014 Best Paper Published in the Scientific Literature, by the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Kling RE, Nayar HS, Losee JE. Reply: The Scope of Plastic Surgery According to 2,434 Allopathic Medical Students in the United States. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2014; 134(5): 853e.
- Gause TM, Kling RE, Sivak WN, Marra KG, Rubin JP, Kokai LE. Particle Size in Fat Graft Retention: A Review on the Impact of Harvesting Technique in Lipofilling Surgical Outcomes. Adipocyte. Published online October 13, 2014.
- Zhang P, Kling RE, Ravuri SK, Kokai LE, Rubin JP, Chai J, Marra KG. Adipose-derived Stem Cells and Dermal Papilla Cells in Hair Follicle Regeneration. International Journal of Cosmetic Science. 2014; 36(4): 442-250.
- Chung CW, Kling RE, Sivak WN, Rubin JP, Gusenoff JA. Risk Factors for Pannus Formation in the Post-Bariatric Patient. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2014; 133(4): 947-956.
- Kling RE, Nayar HS, Harhay MO, Emelife PO, Manders EK, Losee JE. The Scope of Plastic Surgery According to 2,434 Allopathic Medical Students in the United States. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2014; 133(5): 623-627.
- Philips BJ, Grahovac TL, Valentin JE, Chung CW, Bliley JB, Pfeifer ME, Roy SB, Dreifuss S, Kelmedi-Doko A, Kling RE, Ravuri SK, Marra KG, Donnenberg VS, Donnenberg AD, Rubin JP. Prevalence of Endogenous CD34+ Adipose Stem Cells Predicts Human Fat Graft Retention in a Xenograft Model. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2013; 132(4): 845-858.
- Kling RE, Mehrara BJ, Pusic AL, Young VL, Hume KM, Crotty CA, Rubin JP. Trends in Autologous Fat Grafting to the Breast: A National Survey of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2013; 132(1): 35-46.
- Emelife PI, Kling RE Wollstein R. Post-operative Management of Dupuytren’s Disease with Topical Nitroglycerin. Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery. Winter 2012; 20(4): 249-250.
Russell E Kling has been involved in over 25 international, national, and local conference presentations and 10 poster presentations.