Stephanie E. Dreifuss, MD
Integrated Resident- R2
690 Scaife Hall, 3550 Terrace Street
Stephanie Dreifuss earned her degree with distinction in Chemistry from Duke University in 2010. She then graduated Cum Laude from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in 2014. Dr. Dreifuss has pursued basic science research interests in adipose stem cell biology and clinical research interests in body contouring surgery, breast reconstruction surgery, and congenital breast anomalies. Dr. Dreifuss began her surgical training in the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in July of 2014.
Cum Laude (2014)
Ross H. Musgrave M.D. Plastic Surgery Award (2014)
William K. Sieber M.D. Pediatric Surgery Award (2014)
O’Malley Award for Outstanding Medical Student Research in Basic Science (2014)
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society (2013)
Merit Award for Medical Student Research (2011)
Dean’s Summer Research Grant (2011)
Harris Foundation Scholarship (2010-2014)
Dean of the School of Medicine Merit Scholarship (2010-2014)
Graduation with Distinction in Chemistry (2010)
Undergraduate Outstanding Service Award (2010)
- Dreifuss S.E., MacIsaac Z.M., Grunwaldt L.J. “Bilateral Congenital Amazia Revisited: A Case Report and Systematic Review of the Literature.” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery. 2014;67(1):27-33.
- Philips B.J., Grahovac T., Valentin J.E., Chung C.W., Bliley J.M., Pfeifer M.E., Roy S.B., Dreifuss S.E., Kelmendi-Doko A., Kling R.E., Ravuri S.K., Donnenberg V.S., Marra K.G., Donnenberg A.D., Rubin J.P. “Prevalence of Endogenous CD34+ Adipose Stem Cells Predict Human Fat Graft Retention in a Xenograft Model.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal. 2013;132(4):845-58.
- Dreifuss S.E., Tomizawa Y., Farber N.J., Davison J.M., Sohnen A.E. “Spruelike Enteropathy Associated with Olmesartan: An Unusual Cause of Severe Diarrhea.” Case Reports in Gastroenterology. 2013; Article ID 618071.
- Dreifuss S.E., Manders E.K. “Massive Scrotal Edema: An Unusual Manifestation of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome.” Case Reports in Medicine. 2013; Article ID 685716.
- Bossert R.P., Dreifuss S.E., Coon D., Wollstein A., Clavijo-Alvarez J., Gusenoff J.A., Rubin J.P. “Liposuction of the Arm Concurrent with Brachioplasty in the Massive Weight Loss Patient: Is It Safe?” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal. 2013;131(2):357-365.
Dr. Dreifuss has also received recognition for abstracts and presentations at local, regional, national, and international meetings.