Wendy Chen, MD
Integrated Resident- R3
3550 Terrace Street
6B Scaife Hall
Wendy Chen received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California at Los Angeles, where she studied Biochemistry, Public Health, and East Asian Languages and Cultures. She then earned a Masters of Science from Georgetown University and spent time at the National Institutes of Health investigating upper extremity lymphedema and function in post-mastectomy breast cancer patients. She attended medical school at the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Chen is now training at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 2012
- Summer Research Grant, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, 2010
- Intramural Research Training Award Fellow, National Institutes of Health, 2008
- Li R, Chen W, Yanes R, Lee S, Berliner JA. OKL38 is an oxidative stress response gene stimulated by oxidized phospholipids. J Lipid Res. 2007 Mar;48(3):709-15.
- Chen W, Wagner L, Boyd T, Nagarajan R, Dasgupta RA. Extralobar pulmonary sequestration presenting with torsion: a case report and review of literature. J Pediatr Surg. 2011 Oct;46(10):2025-8.
- Patel PA, Chen W, Wilkening MW, Uribe-Rivera A, Racadio JM, Gordon CB. The Extended Composite Temporoparietal Fascial Flap: Clinical Implications for Tissue Engineering in Mandibular Reconstruction. J Craniofac Surg. 2013 Jan;24(1):273-7.
- Chen W, Adams D, Gupta A, Dasgupta RA. Generalized lymphatic malformation involving chylothorax: long-term management of a highly morbid condition in a pediatric patient. J Pediatr Surg. 2013 March; 48(3): e9-e12.
- Runyan CM, Ali ST, Chen W, Calder B, Rumberg A, Billmire DA, Taylor JA. Bone Tissue Engineering via Allograft Revitalization: Mechanistic and Mechanical Investigations Using a Porcine Model. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014. (in press)
- Dr. Chen has also contributed to numerous abstracts and presentations at local, regional, national and international scientific meetings.