Pre-Procedure Instructions for Pedal Foot Fat Grafting:
- Please report if you are taking any medications that thin your blood: these include Coumadin, Xarelto, Ibuprofen (i.e. Aleve, Motrin, Advil), or Aspirin. These may need to be stopped for 10 days prior to surgery.
- Stop taking supplements like Fish Oil or Vitamin E two weeks prior to surgery.
- Report any health or body changes you are experiencing to the staff. Remember safety is our most important priority and we do not want to put you at an increased risk for a complication.
- Please make arrangements to have someone take you home after the procedure. You will NOT be able to drive and you will not be permitted to have the procedure done unless appropriate transportation is provided. Cabs, Uber, Lyft, and Jitneys are not allowed after surgery.
Post-Procedure Instructions for Pedal Foot Fat Grafting:
- NO ICE!
- If you have significant swelling and drainage from the foot, contact us immediately!
- Keep the butterfly bandages on the feet in place until they fall off on their own.
- Stay off your foot and elevate above your heart as much as possible over the next 3 days.
- For the first four weeks you may walk about 10 minutes per hour on our feet. After a month you may increase your ambulation. We will guide you
- No sports, kicking, running or exercise for 4 weeks.
- Wear your sneakers or boot full-time for at least 4 weeks. Do not wear other shoes until permitted.
- You may have special pads placed in your sneaker. DO NOT REMOVE THESE. We will adjust them if necessary at your next visit.
- You can shower the day after your procedure. Try not to soak your feet for too long.
- No barefoot walking except to shower. You may want to put a towel on the shower floor to cushion your feet.
- Sneakers at all other times.
- Non-Weight bearing Range of motion exercises (ankle circles , tracing ABC’s with the foot, pulling your toes to your nose) are mandatory at least 3 times a day for five minutes at a time. More will only help, not hurt. Wiggling toes is permitted.
- If you had the plantar fasciitis procedure, please wear the night splint AT LEAST 1 hour per day. If you can tolerate more, please do it longer.
Liposuction site instructions:
- Keep the bandage intact today.
- You may take the bandage off tomorrow after you shower.
- The butterfly bandage will stay on until it falls off on its own.
- Keep the area clean and dry after showering.
- It is normal to have some oozing from the incision for the next several days.
- Mild bruising is normal for the next several weeks.
For Assistance please Contact : 412-641-3960
Beth Gusenoff – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Gusenoff – email@example.com