Angela Prescott, MD
Angela Te-fang Prescott completed her undergraduate training at Florida International University in 2005 with Magna Cum Laude honors. She
stayed in sunny Miami receiving her medical school education and general surgery residency training at the University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital. After completing her general surgery training in 2014, Angela spent her last four years serving as an active duty general surgeon in the United States Air Force. She spent her first two years assigned to an overseas base in Japan, while traveling throughout southeast Asia on military surgical missions. Her last two years were assigned to the Washington DC area. Angela recently returned home from a deployment to the middle east as a damage control surgeon. As of July 2018, Angela has finished her time with the Air Force and is now overjoyed to join the University of Pittsburgh community for her training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
The Pitt training program offers an incredibly diverse and strong clinical experience, as well as innovative research opportunities for its trainees. I am extremely grateful to have matched with this program.
- 2016 Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- 2016 United States Air Force Meritorious Service Medal Recipient
- 2015 Board Certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery
- 2010 University of Miami General Surgery Intern of the year
- 2005 Florida International University Chemistry Student of the Year
- 2005 Florida International University Magna Cum Laude Honors
- 2005 Golden Key International Honor’s Society member
- 2005 Phi Beta Kappa Honor’s Society member
- 2003 National Society of Collegiate Scholars member
Publications and Presentations
1. Allan BJ, Prescott AT, Möller MG, Chapter 1: Breast and chest, in: Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery, 1st edition, Thaller SR, Panthaki Z, 1-8, Informa Healthcare, New York, 2012.
Peer reviewed publications
1. Allan BJ, Prescott AT, Greene JA, Campuzano-Zuluaga G, Marttos A. Rare complication after viral illness.JAMA Surgery. 2013 Oct; 148(10): 983-4.
2. Davis JS, Prescott AT, Varas RP, Quintana OD, Rosales O, Pizano LR, Namias N, Schulman CI. A new algorithm to allow early prediction of mortality in elderly burn patients. Burns. 2012 Dec; 38(8): 1114-18.
3. Allan BJ, Prescott AT, Tabbara M, Bornak A, Goldstein LJ. Modified use of the Hemodialysis Reliable Outflow (HeRO) graft for salvage of threatened dialysis. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2012 Oct; 56(4): 1127- 29.
4. Nuwayhid Z, Rodriguez MM, Prescott A, Ciancio G, Rojas CP, Casillas J, Sola JE. Renal glomus tumor in an adolescent: a conservative approach. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2010 Jun; 45(6): 23-6.
5. Beeghly AC, Katsaros D, Wiley AL, Rigault de la Longrais IA, Prescott AT, Chen H, Puopolo M, Rutherford TJ, Yu H. IGF-II promoter methylation and ovarian cancer prognosis. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology. 2007 Oct; 133(10):713-23.
1. Prescott AT, Latham KP. The ATHENA mission: a decade of resource sharing, training, and patient centered care. Presented as a poster presentation at the 2016 Association of Military Surgeons of the United States (AMSUS) Annual Continuing Education Meeting, National Harbor, Maryland, Nov2016.
2. Prescott AT, Koshenkov VP, Koru-Sengul T, Freiser ME, Rosati CM, Sparling JL, Allan BJ, Franceschi D, Livingstone A, Avisar E. Is Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy Superior to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Esophageal Adenocarcinoma? Presented as a poster presentation at the 2013 Society of Surgical Oncology Annual Cancer Symposium, Washington DC, March 2013.
3. Prescott AT, King HM, Ambros T, Villasboas JC, Moller MG, Hurley J. The Effect of Surgical Intervention and Ductal Carcinoma In Situ on the Durability of Pathologic Complete Response in Locally Advanced Breast Cancer Treated with Neoadjuvant Therapy: Does the Type of Surgery Affect Survival? Presented as a poster presentation at the 2013 Society of Surgical Oncology Annual Cancer Symposium, Washington DC, March 2013.
4. Prescott AT, Kwitkin B, Goldstein L, Martinez E, Velazquez O, Karmacharya JJ. Does choice of device influence outcome for Infrarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repair? Presented as an oral presentation at the Florida Vascular Society’s Annual Scientific session in Naples, Florida, April 23, 2010.
5. Prescott AT, Zamora P, Velazquez O, Karmacharya JJ. Maximizing Screening for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: A Single Institutional Experience. Presented as an oral presentation at the Florida Vascular Society’s Annual Scientific session in Naples, Florida, April 23, 2010.
6. Prescott AT, Zamora P, Karmacharya JJ. Screening for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: A Single Institutional Experience. Presented as an oral presentation at the annual South Florida Society for Vascular Surgery meeting in Palm Beach, Florida, October 2009.