Aspinder Singh, MD,MBA
Aspinder Singh, originally from Cleveland OH, graduated from The Ohio State University with a major in economics and biology. He completed a research internship at the Cleveland Clinic in the Center for Reproductive Medicine, during which time he worked on the now patented NextGen Home Banking system. He subsequently returned to The Ohio State University where he completed the combined MD MBA program. Dr. Singh did his general surgery residency at the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston TX prior to joining us at UPMC.
I chose Pitt due to its breadth and depth in surgical training as well as for its people. I felt an easy kinship with the attendings and residents and could appreciate the commitment everyone had to resident education. The opportunities to work in a system with diverse hospital settings mirrored that of my general surgery training and is a model that offers a unique mix of patient care. Being in a system as intricate as UPMC also allows me to continue working on system optimization projects which are an interest of mine.
- Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery Executive Chief Resident – 2020
- Arnold P. Gold Humanism Honor Society – 2019
- Barton Williams Award (OSU) – 2016
- Daniel Howland Prize (OSU) – 2016
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society (OSU) – 2014
- Robert Weiler Merit Scholarship (OSU) – 2013
- 1st place Fisher College of Business Internal Case Competition – 2013
- 2nd place Fisher College of Business Big10 Invitational Case Competition – 2013
- OSU Humanitarian Award for Service to Community – 2012
- Roessler Medical Research Scholarship – 2012
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society 2010
Dr Singh has published nearly 20 peer-reviewed manuscripts in top peer-reviewed journals and textbooks, such as Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery, Seminars in Plastic Surgery, and the Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery. He has also contributed to numerous abstracts and presentations at local, regional, and national meetings. Please see PubMed for most up-to-date publication listing.