Brenton R. Robinson, MD
Dr. Brenton Robinson was born in Aspen and raised in Glenwood Springs, CO. Brent completed undergraduate at Colorado State University, medical school at Creighton University, and general surgery residency at Saint Joseph Hospital in Chicago. Prior to starting medical school, he worked in regenerative medicine research and consulted for a biotechnology start up company. While in general surgery residency he had the opportunity to publish studies on subtotal nasal reconstruction with subunit transplantation and the use of prefabricated 3D printed constructs for subtotal nasal reconstruction.
Pitt felt inherently unique from other programs during my interview experience. Despite its reputation as one of the top plastic surgery training programs in the world, I found the faculty were remarkably humble and dedicated towards training the next generation of plastic surgeons. It is rare to find a program of this caliber with truly a “Pitt family” environment. Robust basic and clinical research departments paralleled with a high-volume clinical experience make it an ideal training program. I am very thankful for the opportunity to train at Pitt!
Amita Health Saint Joseph Hospital Resident Leadership Award 2020
Dean’s Nomination to AAAS/Science Program for Excellence in Science
Medical Dean’s Educational Scholarship – Creighton University School of Medicine
National Dean’s List
Mortar Board Senior Honor Society
• Walton RL, Seelaus R, Robinson B. Subtotal Nasal Reconstruction Using a Custom 3D Porous Polyethylene Construct. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 7(12), December 2019, doi: 10.1097/GOX.0000000000002568. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32537309/
• Robinson B, Teplica D. Anatomically Based Breast Augmentation: A 6-plane Autologous Approach. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 7(8S-1):7-8, August 2019, doi: 10.1097/01.GOX.0000584228.15966.77
• Robinson B. Rapid resolution of severe subcutaneous emphysema with simple percutaneous angiocatheter decompression. J Surg Case Rep, 2018;7. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30046438/
• Teplica D, Kovich G, Srock J, Jeffers E, Whitaker R, Robinson B. Newly Identified Human Anatomy: Focal Fat Pads in Linear Array, Running along the Embryologic Mammary Ridge in Adults. Annals of Plastic Surgery 2018;80(3),S129.
• Teplica D, Robinson B. Heparin-Enhanced Harvest and Decanting for Autologous Fat Transfer. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2018;6:e1690; doi:10.1097/ GOX.0000000000001690; Published online 27 February 2018. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29616181/
• Dorafshar AH, Mundinger GS, Robinson B, Tuffaha S, Brandacher G, Byrne P,
Walton RL. Nasal Unit Transplantation: A Cadaveric Anatomical Feasibility Study. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2017 May;33(4):244-251. doi: 10.1055/s-0036-1597693. Epub 2016 Dec 26. PubMed PMID: 28024304. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28024304/
• Costantini TW, Coimbra R, Holcomb JB, Podbielski JM, Catalano R, Blackburn A, Scalea TM, Stein DM, Williams L, Conflitti J, Keeney S, Hoey C, Zhou T, Sperry J, Skiada D, Inaba K, Williams BH, Minei JP, Privette A, Mackersie RC, Robinson BR, Moore FO, AAST Pelvic Fracture Study Group. Pelvic Fracture Pattern Predicts the Need for Hemorrhage Control Intervention – Results of a AAST Multi-institutional Study. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017 Jun;82(6):1030-1038. doi: 10.1097/TA.0000000000001465. PMID:28520685. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28520685/
• Khan A, Bhatti S, Robinson B, Wanamaker K (2017) Splenic Rupture Following Colonoscopy: Case Report. J Surg 2017: JSUR-140.
• Robinson BR, Arensman RA. The Role of Surgical Ligation of Patent Ductus Arteriosus in Very Preterm Infants: A Mini Review and Case Report. Acad J Ped Neonatol. 2016; 2(4): 555591.
• Costantini TW, Coimbra R, Holcomb JB, Podbielski JM, Catalano R, Blackburn A, Scalea TM, Stein DM, Williams L, Conflitti J, Keeney S, Suleiman G, Zhou T, Sperry J, Skiada D, Inaba K, Williams BH, Minei JP, Privette A, Mackersie RC, Robinson BR, Moore FO; AAST Pelvic Fracture Study Group.. Current management of hemorrhage from severe pelvic fractures: Results of an American Association for the Surgery of Trauma multi-institutional trial. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016 May;80(5):717-23; discussion 723-5. doi: 10.1097/TA.0000000000001034. PubMed PMID: 26958799. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26958799/
• Jacobs JV, Hooft NM, Robinson BR, Todd E, Bremner RM, Petersen SR, Smith MA. The use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in blunt thoracic trauma: A study of the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization database. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015 Dec;79(6):1049-53; discussion 1053-4. doi:10.1097/TA.0000000000000790. PubMed PMID: 26680141. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26680141/
• Centeno CJ, Schultz JR, Cheever M, Freeman M, Faulkner S, Robinson B, Hanson R. Safety and Complications Reporting Update on the Re-implantation of Culture-Expanded Mesenchymal Stem Cells using Autologous Platelet Lysate Technique. J Current Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 2011 1; 6 (4) : 368-78. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22023622/
• Centeno CJ, Schultz JR, Cheever M, Robinson B, Freeman M, Marasco WA. Safety and Complications Reporting on the Re-implantation of Culture-Expanded Mesenchymal Stem Cells using Autologous Platelet Lysate Technique. J Current Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 2010; 5 (1): 81-93. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19951252/
• Please see PubMed for most up-to-date publications.
Areas of Interest