Irene Ma, MD
Irene Ma received a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry from the University of New Mexico where she graduated summa cum laude. She attended the University of New Mexico School of Medicine and completed General Surgery residency at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ. She is Board Certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Ma is an independent resident in the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh.
The University of Pittsburgh Plastic Surgery Department has a long-standing history of excellence. It is one of the best programs in the country to become a successful surgeon-scientist in Plastic Surgery with unparalleled opportunities.
- Mayo Brothers Distinguished Fellowship Award 2015
- 2nd Place Commission on Cancer Paper Competition 2013-2014
- Gale Hansen Starich Award 2008
- Khatali Medical Alumni Association Scholarship 2006-2007
- Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Fellowship Award 2005-2006
- Minority International Research Training Program 2003
Dr. Ma has over 15 peer-reviewed publications and over 20 scientific research presentations.