John Henry Pang, MD
John Henry Pang came to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center following general surgery training at the Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A lifelong resident of Hawaii, Dr Pang earned a B.A. in Biology and a B.S. in Animal Science at the University of Hawaii Manoa, before graduating from the UHM John A Burns School of Medicine. He has gradually acclimated to life on the mainland, developing a healthy respect for central heating, close-toed shoes, and winter coats. Now in his final year of plastic surgery residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Dr Pang is grateful for the unparalleled opportunities the program has afforded him, and the exceptional class and diversity of attendings and residents with whom he has trained. His research and surgical interests include craniofacial surgery, aesthetic surgery, and transgender medicine/gender affirming surgery.
The breadth and depth of experience is unmatched, working across all area of practice under attendings at the forefront of their subspecialties. Pitt plastics attracts residents who are passionate and driven, and provides an immersive and wide-reaching opportunity for exposure.
- Louis B Shatz Memorial Award for Scholarly Work & Organizational Leadership, 2015
- Robert Somers Award for Excellence in Resident Education & Teaching, 2014
- Society of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons Conference, Laparoscopic Skills TOPGUN Competition – Resident Finalist, 2014
- American College of Surgeons, Surgical Jeopardy – Resident Finalist, 2013
- 1st Place Clinical Podium Presentation Award, American College of Physicians Hawaii Chapter Scientific Meeting, 2007
- Presidential Poster Recognition, Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Geriatrics Society, 2007
- National Research Scholarship Recipient, Medical Student Training in Aging Research (MSTAR), National American Federation for Aging Research, 2006
- University of Hawaii Dr. Hans & Clara Zimmerman Foundation Health Scholarship, 2006-2008
Dr Pang has been lead or contributing author on numerous scientific abstracts and manuscripts. Additionally, he has presented scientific research at numerous regional, national and international meetings.