Philip Wasicek, MD
Dr. Wasicek, originally from Watertown NY, graduated from Colgate University with a major in Chemistry. He attended medical school at the University of Rochester and then completed his general surgery residency at the University of Maryland. During that time, he spent two years conducting research related to vascular and craniofacial trauma.
Pitt is an amazing plastic surgery training program. I chose Pitt based on its long history of training and reputation, expansive operative experience, and dedication to research and advancing the field of plastic surgery. I also felt that Pitt was unique with respect to the number of highly accomplished and approachable faculty with a genuine interest in teaching and patient care.
- University of Maryland General Surgery Residency Senior Resident Teaching Award
- University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center Resident Research Fellowship
- Hoffman Community Outreach Award, University of Rochester
- Hoffman Research Award, University of Rochester
- Alumni Memorial Scholar, Colgate University
- Magna Cum Laude, Colgate University
- Gamma Sigma Alpha, Colgate University
Dr. Wasicek has published nearly 40 peer-reviewed manuscripts including 15 first-author publications and has co-authored multiple book chapters. Please see PubMed for most up-to-date publication listing.