Roy Kazan, MD, PhD, FRCSC
2022-23 Body Contouring Fellow
Dr. Kazan completed his Undergraduate (BSc) and Master’s (MSc) degrees with honors at the University of Montreal in biomedical sciences. He then matriculated to the University of Balamand where he completed his medical degree and where he developed his passion for plastic surgery. He therefore enrolled in a doctorate (PhD) degree in Experimental Surgery at McGill University, where he developed and validated the first benchtop breast augmentation simulator (the Montreal Augmentation Mammoplasty Operation (MAMO) simulator). During this time, he obtained the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation grant for his project. He also received the Canadian Institutes of Health Research award and the Graduate Excellence Fellowship Funds. He then went on to complete his residency training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at McGill University.
I was drawn to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) because it is a world-renowned center in the domain for aesthetics and body contouring surgery. The faculty are world renowned experts and are heavily invested in the personal and professional growth of each fellow, and I look forward to being a part of the Pitt legacy.
- Peter Warren Essay Prize in History of Medicine – Royal College of Canada – 2019
- Graduate Research Enhancement and Travels Award – Department of Experimental Surgery – McGill – 2015
- Graduate Excellence Fellowship Funds – Department of Experimental Surgery – McGill – 2014
- Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation (ASERF) – Interim Research Grant – 2013
- Outstanding Student Profile Excellence Grant – Faculty of Medicine – University of Montreal – 2008
- Academic Excellence Grant – Faculty of Medicine – University of Montreal – 2007
- Canadian Lebanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry Excellence Academic Award – 2007
Dr. Kazan has been primary or contributing author on over 25 published scientific manuscripts. A list of his publications can be found here:
Areas of Interest
Body Contouring, Aesthetic, Breast Reconstruction