Shirley Liu, MD, MHS
Dr. Liu is from San Jose, California and attended the University of California, Los Angeles where she earned her B.S. in Biology. She then completed medical school at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, and general surgery residency at Yale New Haven Hospital. During her general surgery residency, she also completed a Masters of Health Science at the Yale School of Medicine and conducted research in vascular biology.
Pitt has a reputation for its clinical breadth and cutting edge research and is home to renowned leaders in plastic surgery. Particularly as an independent resident, it was important to me to be exposed to as much of plastic surgery as possible — the diversity and volume here are unparalleled.
- NIH T32 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
- Association of VA Surgeons Best Quickshot
- Ohiyesa Fellow, Geisel School of Medicine
- Summa Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Departmental Honors, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- UCLA College Honors
- UCLA Alumni Scholar
- Undergraduate Research Scholar
- Phi Sigma Theta Honor Society
- Amgen Scholar
- Alpha Lambda Delta / Phi Eta Sigma Honor Societies
Dr. Liu has published and presented numerous projects in vascular biology and physiology, vascular trauma, and stem cells.
Areas of Interest
Breast surgery, microsurgery