Wesley N. Sivak, MD, PhD
Wesley N. Sivak completed his undergraduate studies in Chemistry at the University of Dayton. He subsequently received both his medical and graduate degrees from the University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine and School of Engineering, respectively. Dr. Sivak completed his training in plastic and reconstructive surgery in the Department of Plastic Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh in 2017. He completed the Plastic Hand Surgery Fellow at the University of Pittsburgh in 2018.
- American Chemical Society, Dayton Chapter – Patterson Award, 1999
- The Whitaker Foundation, Graduate Student Research Fellowship, 2003 – 2006
- American Chemical Society, Pittsburgh Chapter Polymer Group Student Award, 2006
- 53rd Meeting of The Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons – Best Clinical Paper, 2010
- Resident Award at the Northeast Society of Plastic Surgery – Best Clinical Paper, 2010
- 54th Meeting of OVSPS & Robert H. Ivy Society – Runner-up Best Scientific Paper, 2011
- Plastic Surgery Foundation Pilot Research Grant, 2013
- 60th Annual Meeting of the Robert H. Ivy Society – Runner-up Best Scientific Paper, 2014
- 59th Meeting of The Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons – Best Clinical Paper, 2016
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Plastic Surgery, Resident Teaching Award, 2016
Dr. Sivak has been lead or contributing author on over 30 published scientific manuscripts, abstracts, and book chapters. Additionally, he has given scientific research presentations at a many regional and national meetings across specialties and serves as a scientific reviewer for several journals.